Ms. Mevorah regularly represents international and domestic clients in complex litigation. She has significant experience litigating cross-border disputes involving breach of contract, business partnership separation, and other commercial matters. Her work often involves concurrent proceedings in the United States and in foreign jurisdictions, as well as the use of letters rogatory to obtain evidence. Ms. Mevorah frequently appears in state and federal court as an advocate for clients.
In addition to her litigation work, Ms. Mevorah advises clients on a variety of employment matters, including terminations, employee complaints, and potential litigation risks. She also works with clients to develop company policies and ensure their compliance with federal, state, and local law. Although Ms. Mevorah focuses on helping clients to avoid employment litigation, she has extensive experience representing clients in cases arising under federal, state, and local wage, anti-discrimination, and other employment laws.
In 2011, Ms. Mevorah earned her B.A. degree in Political Science, summa cum laude and with departmental honors, from The George Washington University, where she was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society.
Ms. Mevorah earned her J.D. from The George Washington University Law School in 2014. She was Senior Notes Editor of the Federal Communications Law Journal, as well as an active member of the Moot Court Board, Mock Trial Board, and Alternative Dispute Resolution Board.
During law school, Ms. Mevorah completed an internship with the U.S. Department of Justice in the Criminal Division, Public Integrity Section. She also interned with Facebook’s Privacy and Public Policy Team and Project Vote, a non-profit organization focused on voting rights.
Bar Admissions: State of New York and State of New Jersey
Court Admissions: U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York; U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York; U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Represented a Brazilian telecommunications company in a contract dispute with an Indian supplier in an AAA arbitration
- Defended two South American individuals in an action brought by their former partner alleging breach of a non-compete provision
- Secured dismissal of a breach of contract action against Swiss and Italian clients based on lack of personal jurisdiction
- Defended a Florida corporation in a case alleging breach of a written lease agreement for real property in New York
- Represented an Italian manufacturer in an action for breach of a promissory note, securing unanimous reversal on appeal of dismissal of action as time-barred
- Defended the United States affiliates of a Dutch fashion company in an action brought by a former employee alleging violations of federal, New York State, and New York City employment law
Presentation: “Labor & Employment Law Trends in the U.S.,” October 17, 2019