Commercial and General Business
Our corporate group regularly advises businesses of all sizes on an “outsourced” general counsel basis across a range of matters that arise during the course of a business’s establishment and growth in the United States. We also have particular experience in advising on issues that are uniquely relevant to closely-held (and often family controlled) businesses and their owners (e.g., exit strategies, governance and minority shareholder rights and succession and tax considerations). We have found that non-U.S. businesses and their owners find great value in working on this basis with a New York-based law firm with our international experience, language capabilities and competitive cost structure.
Examples of matters on which we advise clients in this area include:
- structuring offshore and domestic entities for inbound investments in real estate, manufacturing and other industries
- formation of entities, including corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships with multiple owners with diverse rights, preferences, and obligations, and the preparation of complex shareholder agreements (for corporations), operating agreements (for LLCs) and limited partnership agreements (for limited partnerships), to address properly such issues
- preparation of commercial agreements of all types, including manufacturing and product distribution agreements (e.g., resale, distribution and agency)
- providing advice on intellectual property matters, including preparation of license and confidentiality agreements
- providing advice on employment law matters, including preparation of consulting, employment and non-competition agreements (see our “Employment” section”)
- providing advice on commercial real estate law matters, including preparation and negotiation of commercial leases (see our “Real Estate” section)
- providing advice on litigation and dispute resolution and on how to avoid litigation.